A short task on finding the area of 3 triangles.
This is not a rich task, unless used richly. Follow up questioning is key.
- What do you notice about the answers for the second and third triangle?
- How do those answers compare to the original triangle?
- Can you create another triangle with the same area as the first triangle?
- Can you create another triangle with the same area as the second and third triangle?
- Can you predict the area of a triangle with base 60cm and height 96cm? Calculate this. Were you correct?
- Can you create your own set of three triangles which have the same relationship as show above?
- Can you create a set of three triangles where the original triangle has a base x and a height y? (Can we generalise?)